June 16, 2003

Dear Elders:

It is with great regret that I write this letter to inform you of my resignation as Associate Minister at Liberty Christian Church, effective August 2003. According to the 60 day notice outlined in my job description. The only obligations that I have this summer are VBS, and Camp in August.

This role has changed my life over the past 4 years almost 5 years.. My work with our young people could hardly be called work at all-they have gifted my life with purpose, challenge, humor, and feelings that no words can capture. We are fortunate to have such a terrific group of young people. The future of Liberty Christian Church is assured-it will rest in capable hands.

I have prayed about this decision, and I truly believe it is the right thing to do. Let me share my reasons.

1. After praying and seeking God’s direction for the past 6 months, God has lead me to this conclusion..
2. Budget restrictions. It is just a reality that a church of your size cannot meet the needs of 2 full time staff members, with one being a growing family
3. The church that I have currently accepted has some connections to my home church and a chance to further my faith journey and accountability to my home church.
4. I firmly believe that God has finally brought you the right preacher for the right ministry at Liberty. God has great things in store for you and for the great work David Snyder is doing.

I want to thank you for this opportunity to work with the young people at Liberty Christian Church. They are our greatest assets, and I encourage everyone to continue to listen to them, talk to them, work with them, cheer for them, and-most of all,-pray for them.

If I can be of assistance in hiring a replacement, please don't hesitate to ask. I am extremely interested in seeing that my successor is nothing short of magnificent. Our kids deserve nothing less.

Thank you for your understanding and for the privilege of serving the young people of Liberty Christian Church.

Sincerely,



Gerrard R. Fess
Associate Minister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.