The new Guidebook for Pastors: A Review.

Just finished this book. Very practical for those of us in ministry. It talks about call, preaching, staff, leadership and more. It even discusses technology and how to deal with certain issues.

The author comes from a Baptist background. Duh, you can read it between the lines. His mentor tends to be Dr. Criswell. The testimony at the beginning of each chapter make it practical. Though the theological differences of a sole pastor, deacon run church seems odd to me and supporting one's denomination.

Overall, if I was teaching a class for young ministers on the Minister and His Work - this would be one text I would recommend any minister both young and old to read. I would give a 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.