CYA Terry Tanner

Hard to believe my friend, Terry Tanner has been gone for over 20 years. He would of been 70. Terry was my preacher growing up. He was more than that ...He was my friend, example, and reason I got into ministry. Terry had officiated my parents wedding and how I became a "Fess." Terry and his family showed love, grace and patience. Terry was a volunteer fire fighter.

One time, we watched Mr. Tanner work out back and he had hit his thumb with the hammer, and we noticed and said, look at that he didn't cuss, he didn't cuss.
In 1986, Terry was the one who tried to save my DAD (My dad had hit his head and had a heart attack after just coming home for a week from the hospital, and died at 42). Terry was one of the first to respond ...only to be hours later telling his son(me - I was returning home from church camp - OCA) that my father was died. I use to ask "Why?" now I see that moment of a time of calling, and why not?

I still have the note that Terry gave me for my ordination and the verse he gave to me ..Phil.1:3 "I thank my God every time I remember you …" Terry was an extra ordinary man of God with an awesome family. There are a lot of days I miss him, and wish I'd asked him this question or that. Who do you miss?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.