Here are some of my thoughts of issues in Youth Ministry that needs to change:
1. The role of the youth pastor. He is no longer a buddy buddy to students - let him equip students and families.
2. The role of Family. Family is HUGE!! Get their involvement.
3. The role of God. Sure God is said to be central but let's focus on the triune roles of God.
4. Exposing the lies. Let's give Hope to our Students - none of this Battle cries or all students are abandoning the faith.
5. Pride. Don't depend on the youth worker or the church even to Rescue students ... God is still in control.
6. The role of the church. Get away from programs. Be the Church.
7. Comparisons. Recently I asked a fellow youth pastor, how many kids do you have now (I haven't seen him in awhile) His response: 35. I was like WOW ... you must of adopted some. His natural response was to compare and say youth group size - not his Family.
8. Soul care. Leaders need to tend to their souls to help in turn point people to the one who is healing them.
9. Leadership. Too often good leaders are hard to find.
10. Theology. Theology and methodology is a big issue either helping or hurting the youth ministry as a whole.
What is the future for youth ministry? Only time can tell. My prayer is that youth ministry reflects the Church and Jesus to the World.
Sincerity – being yourself in any direction. “Sincerity makes the least ,am to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” Charles ...
William B Gulick grew up in Covington, Kentucky. Baptized into Christ in July 1940. He graduated High School in 1947. He received his BA deg...
Wednesday nights we started this study. We just finished a study on Islam and now onto Eastern Religions. What are you studying on?
Currently we are exploring on Sunday AM - The Wilderness Wanderings found in Exodus and Numbers. On Wednesday nites we are looking at the...