"General" Lee in the Arms of Jesus.














Obituary


This past Sunday was a tough Sunday for me. I got word prior to our services that just a few hours ago a man who we baptized at 85 3wks ago had passed away. I saw him in the hospital just less than 2wks ago and was released. I usually called him when he was missing church. He started coming to church this past year by invitation of a friend and mentioned he hadn't been in church since he was about 18. His story inspired our children to see him baptized. Recognizing it is never too late to follow Jesus. Some nicknamed him "General Lee." He was well loved and thought of. I knew of his military background but didn't even know he received the Purple Heart until after his death. Born on Christmas Day in 1923 and now in the arms of Jesus.

Continue to pray for our church and his family in this time.

The pictures above are on his baptism on November 15. He's smiling with me and being baptized by my friend, Dan Franklin, who invited him to church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate David Crowder

My Search for the Black Rock Hotel.

Just a line to say I'm Living.